Friday, April 17, 2009

This is how bull market works!

We are in a secular bull market! I am so impressed with the positive spin that all the bad news gets now a days. Today volume was very good. I would not want to be on the short side of this market. People are feeling that they will miss the rally unless they participate. Therefore market keeps going up. I will be adjusting my SSO sell order to 22.00. That will be break-even for me. I bet the market will go past the resistance now. It backed off today. But come next week, I expect the rally blow past the resistance. The next resistance of any significance will be 200 day MA which we will reach in mid May. There is a yearly cycle of low return between May and Sept. After we reach 200day MA, we will sell off to 50-day MA and after Sept we are going straight up to 1300-1500 range on SP500. That will be a second opportunity for the retirees to get out of the market with profit in their porfolio, but I don't believe people will take advantage since greed will be present in public sentiment. I am also impressed by how gold has been behaving lately. Isn't dollar supposed become worthless? What happened to those arguments? That is why technical analysis is superior to fundamental analysis. But keep your technical analysis simple. Most traders make mistakes by following complicated rules. I never found complicated rules to help in consistent return. Only price/volume action is reliable in any market.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing these days. i read your notes every night. Good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouraging comment.

    ReplyDelete