Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A bullish day

We got another bullish day today. Not clear where the incentive for bullish sentiment came from today. But you cannot argue with the market. The 50day MA is clearly holding up quite well. But that is not the reason for today's market move. Banks did spectacularly well today and so did the tech sector. Trading in a trendless market is always problematic. Thats why I got out of the market in the morning today. I remained on the sidelines and at around 2 PM bought a put option on my real money portfolio for SPY MAY 80, which cost me $4.10 per contract. Market went up even more after that and so I do have a losing position there. I will put my options trade in the options portfolio with a multiplier factor to my actual position. I will be waiting on the sidelines till I get a clearer visibility for the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment