Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Market is in distribution mode now

From the chart action you notice that today was not very bullish even though market went up about 1.5% overall. The volume was lackluster considering today was last day of first quarter of the calender year. There was a lot of effort to push the market higher but not many people seem to be buying the bull-side story. When I woke up today I was not expecting the market to be up but when I turned on bubble vision around 8am, the futures looked much higher than I had anticipated. I was still not bullish so I decided to change the order for SDS to a trading order, but actually I placed a limit order at 96% of SDS closing price, which turned out to be $77.30. I checked at midday and order had not filled in yet, but the pattern was there for a blowout day on sp500 and I was sure my order will be filled in sometime before close. The price went past my trigger price and then some. But then people tried to lock in their profits and sp500 lost momentum. It bodes well for the bears. The day actually closed at a down note. Since my SDS is working I will put the rest in tomorrow if nothing major happens. The BGZ trade will be done by adding the second 1/3 of the installment. But if the market looks favorable to the bears I might go in the rest 2/3. We will see. I have not given up on the options yet. Probably the best time to trade options is when the trend is already set in and not when you are looking at profiting from change in trend, which is what we are doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment