Monday, March 16, 2009

Another wild day

Today's trading was anything but quiescent as opening and closing prices would have you believe. First half of the day the market was up substantially on a regular volume, and then the last half was down on a larger volume. But the bears in the late day action didn't have enough punch to prove anyone of their potency. This lets me to believe that there are enough bull-heads around that a tepid onslaught from bears will not be that much effective. For bears to succeed in the present mindset of the market they will need a surprising bad news and talking heads piling on - something like all the stimulus package was stolen by some people. Baring that kind of news cycle I remain on the long side since the bias now is on the long side. I will stay on the long side until I get driven out by a 5% move down on the SP500 which could happen. I am keeping my stop loss order for SSO at 16.29.

No comments:

Post a Comment