Thursday, May 14, 2009

The market behaved technically correctly

Now, let us not complain about the way market behaved today. In the first hour I thought the market was going to tank. I was ready to pull the plug on SSO and go to SDS had the market gone below 875 on SP500. But boy o boy that 880 is a good support. Thats what the charts are telling us. On the upside 905 is also a good resistance. I will sell all of SSO at the open tomorrow and go to the sidelines and wait. This market is not trending in any direction. So, no point in trying to guess what the next move will be. Technical analysis works only in a trending market. My day trading did not work today. I lost one clear opportunity to get long on FAS. I just doubted myself too much and the market ran away from me too far to enter the market. Thats how day trading is. Either you act fast and take the risk or you don't get to play. By the way, my returns since Feb 27 are almost the same as just buying spy and holding it without doing any of the readings or trading. That is a stunner! I always thought it was possible to beat market just by following the market trend lines. But the present market has me completely fooled. Maybe market timing does not work after all. We will see. Let the second part of the contest with SP500 begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment