Monday, May 4, 2009

Plunge time as the Boy Plunger Livingston would say

Today, I plunged with both feet into the market. My first 50% was filled at 24.50. And then I immediately placed another order for 25.00. Even that got filled to my surprise. We are chasing the market now. The next stop would be 200-day moving average which I believe we will go through without any stop. There are a lot of bullish economic signals from all over the world. Even the bears are nimbling on stocks. Probably the market will keep going up for the month of May.

A WORD ABOUT TIMING THE MARKET AND BEATING THE MARKET: To date the performance of Simple SPY investing completely matched my in-and-out with 2xleverage. That totally defeats the work I put in to trade in and out. It appears that I have not been able to beat the market just like every body else who tries to time the market. I would be curious if anyone else has actually beat the market in this market.

2 comments:

  1. http://xtrends.blogspot.com/

    Here's a guy who time the market very well, until this rally started...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two comments about xtrends. (1) It is not clear if s/he is playing with real money or not. (2) What is his total portfolio? (3) You can be right most of the time but you tend to give back to the market when you are wrong. That is what keeps happening to me. I will go through a string of wins and easily rack up 30% gain but then sideways and nontrending market will take a lot of those gains away from me,and in the end the difference from SP500 is minimal. Of course, I get to have fun while getting in and out of market, but overall the performance of the total portfolio follows the portfolio theory quite closely.

    ReplyDelete